Thursday, February 10, 2011

Using Bad for Good


Well today has been a really stupid day.

I woke up in a bad mood this morning and not sure why. It just happens sometimes I guess.

I also got that stupid feeling again that I'm not gonna put up a big number this week. grrr..

Then to top it off...

I hear the announcement that Jerry Sloan and Phil Johnson are resigning. Boy, that was like a blow to the gut. Regardless of what you think about Slaon, or whether it was time for a change, he will surely be missed. For a lot of us, he is the only Jazz coach we remember, and now the "old school coaches" are all but extinct from the league. Sad.

Needless to say, I wasn't wanting to go to the gym AT ALL.. It felt like a perfect day to just lay back and try to unwind.

A few months ago, this definitely would have been a pizza night. :)

But I dragged myself to the gym anyway... And ya know what?

Working out when your mad is actually a good thing. I worked out a lot harder, had more endurance, and the best part... I felt a lot better when I was done.

So it's OK to get mad.. It's what you do with your anger that is key.

You could take the familiar road, which is soothe it with junk food..

Or do what the "new you" wants you to do. Take that anger to the gym and let it loose.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you're saying. I've been using exercise as my "medicine of choice" for the past few years. Yep, it really does work. Keep up the good work, I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete