Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"I Just Felt Like Running"



The title of this post is something I would never say..

I don't really like running, and even though I am much smaller now than i used to be, I am still not a fan. But I do it anyway..

In my 30 years of existence I have never participated in any form of race or charity run... until now.

I am happy to announce that this weekend I will be taking part in my first ever 5k.. Most of you probably have done dozens of these, but it's a big step for me.

The following weekend will be an even bigger step. I will be running (then walking..then probably crawling..then being hauled away in an ambulance) in a half marathon.

I am terribly excited for both.

It is fun to think that 4 months ago I couldn't walk up the stairs to my apartment without becoming out of breath, and now here I am running in races.

Crazy man, just crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on this weekend and a big congrats on all your improvement! Where's the 5K at? I am planning one on the 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm excited to hear how the races go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete