Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Accountability


After not working out for most of last week, I have been excited to get back into action. But even excitement and personal motivation can be too weak to overcome the temptation of rest and relaxation.

Taking a break from your workout routine can be dangerous, especially to people who are still learning how to be healthy like myself.

I was under the weather last week so I would come home from work and crash. But even now that I'm feeling better, that temptation to just crash at home for the rest of the night still is there.. That's where accountability steps in.

When will power and motivation aren't enough, it's accountability that steps in and gives that little push that gets you to the gym.

In the past when I have been doing workout routines and an illness or a work schedule prevent me from getting to the gym everyday; I would eventually fizzle out because my will power wasn't enough to get me off the couch. I had needed the boost of accountability but it was never there.

I think this is the reason so many people fizzle out.

Now that I have accountability to Kamie, my blog readers, my family and so many others, the temptation to stay at home and watch TV instead of going to the gym can be conquered every time.

So if you're struggling to get off the couch, even though you feel motivated and have the urge to get healthy, find someone or something to hold you accountable for your actions and choices.

I promise it will make all the difference in the world. Take it from a guy who used to use every excuse not to work out!

3 comments:

  1. this is what I needed to hear to get myself over a bump. thanks jared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jared,
    Thanks for this post! I am also needing to get over a bump, and this post helped.
    Thanks,
    Beverly

    P.S. I am Brad's sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am glad I could help you both :)

    ReplyDelete