Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Be Your Own Best Friend


I love that movie!!

You don't need to be half man/half dog to be your own best friend.

Be tough, push hard, but remember, there is no need to be mean to yourself...

What do I mean by that?? I am not talking about taking it easy in the gym. I am referring to the mental game.

It's a pretty sure bet that people who struggle to lose weight, really aren't on good terms with themselves. I know I wasn't.

You've beat yourself up long enough. Now it's time to start being friends. After all, you spend every day with yourself, so wouldn't it be nice to actually enjoy it.

Having said that, it's important to be a true friend, not an enabler friend. Be the kind of friend that will push you to be your best, call you out when needs be, and does it in a positive way.

If you try and go through a weigh loss process hoping it will go perfect. Believe me, it won't. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone gives in to temptation every once in awhile.

That's okay.

Use it as learning tool, and go about it differently the next time you are in the same situation.

So as corny as this whole post sounds, it is vital to your success that you begin to mend the fence with you and yourself.

Remember, you don't have to be hard on yourself to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like that a lot. Thank you for that reminder, I needed it today.

    ReplyDelete