Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Something Smells Fishy

Last night after the first workout, Kamie and I had a little taste testing session.

Tuna and salmon is soooo good when trying to lose weight. It is low in fat, high in protein, and recommended by anyone who knows anything about diets.

Well that is all well and good but ya know.....



I hate tuna and salmon.

Kamie knew this but she told she has a recipe that I was sure to love. So she sat me down last night and mixed this concoction together...

She took a pouch of salmon like this and put it in a bowl..



Then she took some Galeo Salad Dressing and poured it over the fish.



She mixed it all up and put some on a Wasa Rye Cracker.



Ya know... It was actually really good. Can you believe it???

This is a perfect lunch.. The fish and crackers can be bought at any grocery store, but the dressing has to be bought online..

This is the dressing they use on Biggest Loser. The calories are so low and the dressing is so flavorful.

There is a link to the dressing on The Biggest Loser website.

So if you struggle to like tuna and other fish like I did. Try this out, I promise you'll love it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ~ I found you from the KSL interview. My husband needs to lose weight (& is trying in a slow kind of way). Anyway, I'm the cook/food supplier and I was wondering what kind of foods are on your menu. Also, how do you deal with your stress? I know that is a big problem for my husband. Thanks for your help!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Galeos label claims 14 calories and 1 gram of fat per tablespoon serving. That's where the problems start. The serving size required by federal law on dressing labels is 2 tablespoons, creating the illusion - even if those numbers were accurate - that the dressing outdoes other diet dressings.
    The laboratory showed the label should properly read: 120 calories, 11 grams of fat and 390 mg of sodium. The actual label claims 56 grams of sodium.<<<

    The article includes the response by the company. A really really LAME response.


    You can read the whole article here:

    http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/11/18/l...t-claims-to-be/

    ReplyDelete